Monday, June 20, 2005

London


London
Originally uploaded by sasnook.
My backpacking adventure has come to an end. I arrived in London and I spent the afternoon meeting more Aussie’s. Of course I did an open bus tour on a double-decker bus and saw Big Ben, Westminster Abby, Buckingham Palace and many other places. That afternoon I was taught how cricket was played and saw the greatest upset in cricket history, Bangladesh (the worst team) beat Australia (the best). That night I went to a very proper English party. We showed up comfortably in jeans and t-shirts, everyone else was dressed to the nines, needless to say the Brits were wondering where the Aussies and the American came from. The next day I went to the Imperial War Museum. It is a free museum and I would recommend it highly to anyone traveling to London. It not only has great exhibits on the expected subjects on World War I and II, but you can walk through what the trenches would have been like, or the blitz, just to name a few. But I couldn’t spend the entire afternoon inside because it was 75 degrees and sunny outside, so I went back to the Aussi's where there was a group of people in the backyard watching Australia lose to England in cricket and then a group of us went to Clapham Common to play footie and drink more. I am sure I could have seem more in London, but I am done with traveling now, I am in the mind set that I am going home. I am on my way to Orlando and then I am going back to Minnesota and Wisconsin to see my family. I wish that I could stay a few more months traveling in Europe, but I am looking forward to seeing friends and family in the Midwest, and I miss friends and flying in Florida. I will forever love to travel, and this was just the beginning but there’s no place like home.

No comments: