Thursday, June 09, 2005

Interlaken


Interlaken
Originally uploaded by sasnook.
On Tuesday morning, Verena and I left by train for Interlaken. We traveled though Zurich and Bern, finally arriving at Interlaken, a Swiss town deep inside sky reaching mountains. Easily one of the most breath taking views I have ever seen. Verena and I stayed at the very American, very rambunctious hostel known as Balmers. This hostel was one of a kind. Bathroom showers were open to the hall way, some rooms had doors that were only 5 feet in height, and bunk beds were placed right next to one another so that you may be sleeping next to a complete stranger. I was fortunate to have this experience, the first guy was a South Korean that seemed very nice and taught me how to recognize a fake Louis Vetton bag and the next night I had the pleasure of sleeping next to a Yankee that strongly disliked the Minnesota Twins. But regardless of this crazy atmosphere, Verena and I met a number of people. In fact, I even ran into the girls from Oklahoma that I had met in Paris, and yet again another one of the girls had been robbed and they were down to one girl’s credit cards.

The best part about Interlaken was canyoning. What is canyoning? It is the craziest thing I have ever done. What you do is put on a full body wet suit and climb into a canyon full of glacier water. Once you are in you belay down waterfalls, slide down rocks, jump off racks and down waterfalls. It was a blast; I have never had so much fun and been so scared in my life. I have to admit that I am glad that V was with me.

Now Verena and I are in Geneva, visiting V’s friend Carine, who is a sweetheart. Tomorrow we are returning to Germany together to go to Matt’s family fest. Matt’s parents are the nicest people and I am looking forward to spending a little more time with Verena, Matt and his family.

No comments: