Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Take Me Out to the Ball Game...


Take Me Out to the Ball Game...
Originally uploaded by sasnook.
This past weekend was a fun, but long, weekend. I say this because I got sick for the first time in Florida, ended up on antibiotics and about three other drugs. Despite my ears refusing to equal out I still went to my GATs training last Thursday and Friday. GAT training is a spatial disorientation type training where they put you in a C182 motion simulation and put you in different attitudes and illusions. Some of these included up- and down-sloping runways, false horizons, wider and narrower runways than what a pilot is normally used to and the Coriolis effect. I know there were others but I can’t think of them right now. The Coriolis effect was the only one that really made me dizzy and forced me to concentrate. But needless to say that this did not make me feel any better last week. However, somehow I felt better long enough to enjoy going to the Vero Beach Air show and then to Port St. Lucie to Tradition Field to see the Dodgers play the Mets. It was a beautiful great day. I went to the game with Melissa, Katie, Josh and Paul. I recently met Josh and Paul through Katie. These two guys came here Rochester, New York and are a lot of fun. I am hoping to go to a lot more spring training games with these guys. The following day, the same group of people, adding Jamie, went to a beach party thrown by another girl who is going to Flight Safety through NOAA. She was a sweetheart and we had a blast at her place on the beach. Oh…one other thing…I finally began my instrument training! I only have nine lessons total and then, well I have my check-ride. I will be sure to keep everyone updated on that, but it’s going to happen fast.

No comments: