Friday, June 16, 2006

Back to Vero in Style


IMG_2252
Originally uploaded by sasnook.
Some of the perks of being a pilot are that you know a number of other pilots, of which work for corporate companies, airlines, etc… Well, Jen, as some of you may remember was my flight instructor for my instrument rating and commercial single engine certificate. I was hoping that I would have her for my multi-engine commercial add on but while I was running around Europe last June, she was hired by Sun Aviation in Vero Beach flying a Beechjet. Fortunate for me I still see her once in a while (though not nearly enough) because her boyfriend, Sean, is based out of Atlanta working for ASA and because Sun Aviation does their maintenance at an airport just outside of Atlanta. This particular week she had been up for maintenance and would be flying back to Vero Beach with out any passengers. She was a sweetheart to invite me down to Vero via the beechjet and stay with her. How could I turn down such an offer with such a good friend? So this weekend I was lucky enough to fly the true definition of first class with one of the best pilots I know and spend the weekend with a great friend. I cannot thank you enough Jen and hopefully I will be in Florida again soon! 27 March 2006

No comments: