Monday, February 14, 2005

Girls at South Beach


Girls at South Beach
Originally uploaded by sasnook.
First of all Happy Valentine’s Day to everyone! Some exciting news; we finally got sun this weekend! I would also like to take this opportunity to introduce my new roommate Katie. Katie, as I said is from EVERYWHERE and she is in the private audit with me for the next week. She’s working on time building and then will begin her commercial. Katie, Melissa and I have been having a blast together for the past week – I love these girls to death! We do practically everything together and I feel so lucky to live with such great female pilots that have quickly become such close friends. Also, this past weekend I had a three-hour cross-country to Ormond Beach, which is just north of Daytona Beach. It was a night flight, tracked a few VOR’s up the coast, did a few touch-and-goes and saw The Daytona 500 all lit up from the sky. I attempted to take a picture but movement and taking pictures of lights is not a good combo – it looked like a firework show. I hope that everyone is doing well and that even though Valentine’s Day is superficial holiday, that everyone talked to or got dropped a line by a friend or someone they love. Thank you to all of you (friends & family) that were my Valentine’s this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Afton dear,
You are such a positive person! Just read what you wrote. I have one suggestion: Just be brief but write more often! I will look at your page more often from now on.
You are a very determined young woman and I am so proud of all that you face and all that you deal with.
love,
Shelly