Thursday, December 21, 2006

New York, New York


New York, New York
Originally uploaded by sasnook.
Before today I had never been to New York City. We flew into Teteboro for the weekend, which is a very popular airport for corporate aircraft on the east coast in New Jersey. I caught one of the earliest buses I could catch over to Manhattan and met my friend Alex from FlightSafety Academy. We immediately headed toward the Empire State Building. I had never been in a skyscraper (I don’t know if the space needle counts). I was hoping for a spectacular view of the city but the visibility was zero. So Alex and I found a bench on top of the Empire State Building and caught up on what was going on. After about an hour of waiting for the clouds to clear we gave up and headed back down to find breakfast. We proceeded to walk to Ground Zero, then to Battery Park, followed by Wall Street, the Brooklyn Bridge, China Town, Little Italy and caught a subway to the Upper West Side where I met Jenni, a good friend from high school. Jenni recently landed her first position as a performer in an off Broadway musical and had gotten herself an agent. After catching up with Jenni on her one free hour of the day between meeting with her personal trainer and going to her musical’s rehearsal, Alex and I moved on to Central Park and Time Square to have dinner. By the completion of dinner Alex and I had decided that we had had enough sight seeing, so we said our good-byes, he headed back toward Long Island and I headed back to Jersey. What a great city, unlike any I had ever been to, and it was great to see and few good friends. But man was I happy to climb into my hotel bed and get off my feet.11 Nov 06

No comments: