Saturday, January 14, 2006

Good-bye Little Civic


My Honda
Originally uploaded by sasnook.
I love my Civic.

In 1991 Mom bought a brand new car.
This little car would go incredibly far.
It was a two-door hatchback, teal with gray interior.
Rachel and I thought Mom’s car was superior.

As a kid I sat in the backseat.
Because of Rachel and I, it was never neat.
Wrappers and clothes scattered the floor.
Chewing Gum was even stuck in the door.

Friends and family climbed in and out.
It wasn’t very big, so there was no need to shout.
No radio made us tell mom about our day.
It was a great car to get us where we wanted to play.

My sophomore year in college it went with me.
Mom and Dad had given me the key.
Traveling between the twin cities and Winona.
Singing “My Sharona”

I realized I did not belong on American Idol.
A stereo system was installed so that I wouldn’t need Midol.
Unfortunately other people like music too.
And robbers broke my window twice; I needed to get a clue.

It was nicknamed “The Little Green Monster”
It roared when it was revved but it was no rocket launcher.
First gear was really sticky
And reverse sounded icky

Then one day, I was driving down the road
And Bambi jumped out in front of me like a toad
I hit it going seventy miles an hour on the freeway
I was lucky it that deer didn’t take my life away

Fortunately my car survived the crash
I was forced to spend a lot of cash
Not long afterwards I drove it to the Florida sun
Without Minnesota’s cold weather that little car sure could run

It broke 200,000 miles while I complete my flying
Then moved all my belongings up to Atlanta without dying
Today, on my way home from work my car wanted to go to sleep
I am not going to lie, it made me weep.

Good-bye little Honda.
You helped me to’Wond’a…for 15 years, for 210,000 miles, all over the country.

I love my Civic.

No comments: