Friday, August 05, 2005

Multi Commercial Rated


Multi Commercial Rated
Originally uploaded by sasnook.
It’s final. I can now fly an airplane that has more than one engine. Dad still thinks that I should join the flying circus, he’s probably right about me fitting in just fine. But sorry, to disappoint you dad I am going to continue on with my training (and spend more money) to become a CFI. No, Dad, that does not stand for Clown Flying Instructor, it means I am going to be working towards my certified flight instructor certificate to teach others that are interested in aviation. In fact I already am. Ground school began this past Monday and will be another two and a half weeks and then I will start the flying portion which means I am going to be flying in the right seat instead of the left and I am going to teach an instructor who will be acting like a student. It should be a lot of fun.
But back to my multi-engine completion… I would like to thank my instructor Kevin Bennett for aiding in my completion of this check-ride, which was my first Part 141 ride. We had a lot of fun in the brief time we flew together. We flew to the Keys to have dinner with Nicole and Paul on a long cross-country and had some gorgeous late evening flights that allowed us to see a few beautiful sunsets as we climbed out of the plane on the ramp. But most of all I got to fly a multiengine airplane about half the time in single engine ops. Thanks Kevin for all the fun flying the Seminole and all the knowledge you passed on to me.

No comments: